Tuesday, September 09, 2008

amazing coconut oil

A few months ago I mentioned a severe rash that I developed after having a reaction to iodine. To ease the itching I used a lot of potions which left my skin very dry, flaky and peeling after the rash had gone. I tried all kinds of moisturizers and oils but none helped as much as Emu oil. I soaked in warm baths and after exfoliating and dry brushing my skin I massaged the Emu oil all over myself. The result after only two days was amazing. When I went to buy more from the health food shop they did not have any in stock so I bought pure coconut oil instead.

The coconut oil work equally as well and I have come to the conclusion that this feeds the skin rather than top-coats it. Most commercial moisturizers are gimmicky and expensive at best and many of them actually dry out the skin. Many sit on the skin and give a moisturized glow but overall they do nothing for the skin. The coconut oil seems to penetrate the skin and long after it has been washed off the skin stays moist and healthy looking.

After a few weeks I noticed a small scab at the back of my neck. It wasn’t until I scratched it off that I realized it had been a mole. This happened with two others; the oil seemed to dry them up and they simply peeled off. I also noticed a few blocked pores at the side of my nose became itchy and when I scratched them they just popped out.

A friend of mine commented on how great my skin was looking, so I told her about the oil. She has had years of treatments for whiteheads but they keep coming back. She has been told it is caused by Candida and has been on a strict diet of no sugar, yeasts and restricted carbs. She has tried laser, antibiotics, dermabrasion, pro-biotics and spent a fortune on creams, herbs and vitamins. When I saw her a few weeks later her skin was amazing! She told me she had looked up info on the net and decided to use the oil in cooking as well as taking a few teaspoons of it in her morning smoothie. She had also mentioned that she thought she had a cold sore on her lip but it turned out to be a scab that formed over a sun damaged part of her lip. Years ago she lost pigmentation on her lip and the DR said it was due to sun damage. The coconut oil had dried it out, turned it to a scab and after three scabs had peeled off, her sunspot had disappeared and the pigmentation returned to normal. I have also noticed that my arms and legs have lost most of the age spots (liver spots) I had.

I have also started to use the coconut oil in place of cooking oil and I am taking a few teaspoons a day in my breakfast. I have used it for tinea and it worked! I have also used it as a hair treatment and that was cheaper and better than any product I have ever used. I think it is reducing surface veins but so far I can’t say for sure how effective this will be. I decided to find out more and although I prefer to write only about what I know to work from personal experience, I will mention a few things which others have claimed.

The main claims about coconut oil (eating it) are that it is anti bacterial, anti viral, anti inflammatory and anti fungal. It is claimed to be effective in the treatment of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, herpes, thrush, haemorrhoids, psoriasis, chronic fatigue and weight loss just to list a few. Now, many people and many products do make such claims and most of them are grossly overstated and unsubstantiated. I can not and do not make such claims here, but I do believe that it might very well be as good as some of the claims say.

There is so much controversy about oils and most of it is very difficult to comprehend. My experience it that too many of us have not enough oil in our diets or too much animal fat which blocks arteries and stores toxins. It is beginning to look like margarines, soy and most of our vegetable oils might very well be one of the worst health choices of our generation. Oils are good that’s for sure – absolutely vital to health. BUT the processing of oil is looking like we are all poisoning ourselves. Almost most of the commercial oils are hydrogenated, heated and chemically extracted. Many of these oils are thought to suppress the immune system, increase inflammation and create free radicals. Most diseases of course are caused by or at least greatly influenced by these three things.

I am particularly concerned and interested in the inflammatory nature of oils as I am certain that this has been a great influence in my battle with rheumatoid and I now suspect it plays into the cancer debate as well. I do believe that fish oil has been enormously beneficial to me from an inflammatory point of view.

Cold pressed virgin oils are vitally important to health. But once an oil is heated it changes its structure; coconut oil does not, it is the only oil which can be heated and not oxidize or go rancid. It appears that coconut oil produces energy and helps to release toxins from the body whereas many other fats store toxins in the body.

Copyright Sonya Green 2008 www.reinventingmyself.com
100's of free inspirational and thought provoking articles

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Khunbow said...

Thanks for sharing about coconut oil it is very use ful.Today we can get
Pure coconut oil in Chennai
Cold Pressed Coconut Oil In Chennai
Orginal coconut Oil In Chennai

8:16 PM  
Blogger affan said...

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. It is a really appreciable one.
Cold Pressed Oil In Bangalore
Marachekku Oil In Bangalore
Chekku Oil In Bangalore

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home